If you see discrepancies in your Odoo business data, such as missing accounting entries, unrealistic balances, or wrong inventory levels, then it is likely that your system was not configured correctly. Given Odoo’s competitive cost and its “open source” heritage, it is often assumed that configuring a business to run on Odoo is a simple task. This results in many Odoo systems configured and launched by persons or teams that don’t yet have the full knowledge of how Odoo works.
Data cleanup possibilities with Steersman
- Odoo accounting data clean-up - investigating unbalanced transactions, duplicates, incorrect journal entry routing, determining correction needs, and more
- Odoo inventory data clean-up - checking for inbound, outbound, and production routes, comparing inventory value against accounting balance, finding “stuck” inventory quants, etc.
- To-stock manufacturing
- Wholesale and distribution
- Omni-channel retail
Odoo configuration and data cleanup consulting
Steersman can audit your Odoo configuration and historic data to determine the source of your data issues and recommend corrective actions based on the cause and severity of the issue.
Odoo data auditing can be a time-consuming process if the issue has been accumulating over a long period, and if configuration changes have been made along the way.
Odoo data discrepancy cleanup costs
To repair Odoo’s data quality, we normally need to conduct an Odoo configuration audit, sift through some of your Odoo data, and present the corrective actions. Depending on severity of the issue and the time over which the bad data was accumulating, it may take from 3 to 40+ hours to clean up your bad data in Odoo, to fix the configuration and provide additional user training to make sure things get done correctly going forward.
On-going Odoo support
Steersman provides its own business automation suite based on Odoo. Our suite comes with managed hosting, maintenance, support, ability to customize everything in your system, as well as potential for specialized system compliance such as ITAR, HIPAA and other.
You can expect better Odoo performance, an ability to customize interfaces, logic, and data, and a higher level of service and support from a US-based team of business experts and software developers. Contact us today to learn more and see if Steersman’s managed ERP service is right for you.
Complementary and related to Odoo accounting data investigation and cleanup services
- Auditing and reconciliation of historic records to ensure that data is complete and correct in Odoo and Steersman Business Suite systems.
- Investigation of Odoo business system data issues that accumulate over time - Steersman finds and repairs causes, cleans up bad data, provides training to minimize future issues.
- Steersman magazine’s Projects and Success Stories section provides lessons from the process and technology implementation projects managed by Steersman Company.